Emergency Dentistry in Denver, CO
At Hampden Family Dental, we offer emergency dentistry services to help you be free of pain and heal your smile from decay, infection, and injury. We offer various emergency services and treatments to help treat your most urgent dental needs. Call our Denver, Colorado office at (303) 337-5385 immediately if you are in need of emergency dental care.
There are many reasons you may need to visit our office for immediate dental care. Some of the most common dental emergencies include:
- Cracked or broken tooth
- Partially dislodged tooth
- Knocked-out tooth
- Swollen jaw or face
- Broken restoration or braces
- Loose filling
If bleeding is severe or doesn’t stop after applying pressure to the area with a clean cloth or compress for 10 to 15 minutes, you may need to go to your local emergency room. However, in most cases, our very own Dr. Andre Loumeau can handle your dental emergencies.
Of course, there are also things you can do to ease pain, swelling and discomfort before you head to our office. We understand how uncomfortable these issues can be and being able to provide yourself with temporary relief is important.
- Use over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen to reduce swelling or pain.
- Apply an ice pack to the affected side to also target pain and inflammation.
- If you have a knocked-out tooth, make sure to clean the tooth with warm water and, if possible, try to place it back into the socket. Always handle a tooth by the crown. If you can’t get the tooth back into the socket then place it in a container filled with milk and immediately come into our office.
- If you have broken off a large piece of your tooth it might be able to be bonded back onto your tooth. Save any of these pieces by placing them in a hard protective carrier and bringing them into our office immediately.
- You can also use over-the-counter analgesics like Orajel® to temporarily numb sore, throbbing or painful area.